A very special project
May 5th is International Day of the Midwife!
These wonderful women and men are invaluable to us new and soon-to-be parents, from helping us to create our birth plan, to reminding us how to change a nappy and, during those few hours before our little one comes into the world, acting as the rock that helps us push through.
However, 1 in 3 of the nation’s midwives feel undervalued in the job that they do.
In December we launched the pledge and since then we've got the nation to say 15,000 #ThankYouMidwife BUT there are 40,000 of these superheroes so we've got a way to go yet!
Let’s make our UK midwives feel AMAZING this month:
- Trending: Get #ThankYouMidwife trending. Be sure to use:
- @PampersUKIre on Facebook
- @pampersworld on Instagram &
- @Pampers_UK on Twitter
1 #ThankYouMidwife post on social media = £1 donation from Pampers to the Royal College of Midwives Benevolent Fund!
- Sharing: Share your own personal story of how your Midwife helped/is helping you to push on through. And get your friends in on it too – the team at Pampers can’t wait to hear your stories!
- Sending: Moonpig have joined the cause and have created a range of 6 adorable cards to say #ThankYouMidwife. Send a specially designed card to your wonderful midwife and £1 per card will go towards the RCM Benevolent fund
What’s in it for you?
8 in 10 of us believe that midwives deserve to be thanked but less than half of us actually manage it (it’s okay to be distracted, childbirth is kind of a big deal…) but it’s not too late! The Pampers #ThankYouMidwife initiative will give you the chance to make your midwife feel as cared for now as they did for you during labour.
And that’s not all, 5 posted stories and social media shares that will stand out will be in with a chance of winning a month’s worth of free nappies. It’s a win-win situation!
Sign up to let us know that you’ll be joining the cause and we’ll welcome you onto the team straight away.